Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some Answers...

Praise Him, for He can open up my eyes AND THEN show me the next step.
I have had myself tied up in knots over cars for the last month (maybe longer) and that's made me deal with my emotional/spiritual response to my routine getting bumped. I've realized, once again, that He does what needs to be done. The thing that throws me is accepting His timing, which is always right in hindsight.
So, we had one car fixed last week and this week my sweet grandma chose to give me her Lincoln Continental for my birthday. I had called her to offer to buy it, but she is giving it to us and his having my dad get it driveworthy. It may be a couple of weeks until it's here in Colorado (it's in North Dakota right now), but He has given us an answer.
The benefit to my soul (for all this waiting) has been great, and that was the real gift.
Silly me.

2 comments:

Melissa Markham said...

Praise the Lord from whom blessings flow. It is so hard to wait, isn't it? But he is always faithful. And what a blessing for your Grandmother to be in a position to do the Lord's work that way. My pastor said one time that a gentleman offered to do something for him, and the pastor started to decline (he didn't want to be putting the fellow in a hardship). The fellow told him that if he didn't accept the offer, he would be keeping the giver from receiving the blessing of having helped another.

Take a deep breath...God is right there with you.

Unknown said...

Cool. Now start saving your pennies for gas for that thing. You'll be comfy and your kids will be safely encased in steel,though. We're looking at My grandma's Olds Delta ** with the same idea. Safe but spendy. I don't trust me around 8 cylinders, let alone my upcoming teen drivers...