Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Little Stuffed

I spent an hour today in a coffee shop, working on my Bible study notes. As I sat there I realized how stuffed the room felt. I realized that every eye, ear and nose space was taken up by something. Then I stepped outside and I felt much the same way.

No room for silence or nature.

I rarely notice how stuffed full of sensory stuff I am, but occasionally I have a moment of clarity.
When I was a teenager, my friends and I would comment on how there was always a song running through our subconscious...I can say that now I actually have moments where my brain is free of song, but it's been replaced by the endless (because nothing's really ever done) to-do list.
We hardly have to fight nature for our survival anymore, but the fight we ignore these days is our survival of peaceful thought in the middle of sensory overload. I've lost my concentration on this blurg cause hubby turned on Fox news.

Thoughts???

No comments: