Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nature's Out To Get Me

Or, at least get my veggies!

I don't have a very big garden at all...most of them are in planters because I don't have the ground space. So, you'd think the pesky varmints would leave it alone. No such luck.

I went outside to pick lettuce yesterday (after 3 days of glorious rain) to find the tops eaten off ALL my tomato plants, a lettuce plant and my watermelon plants. Argh!
Then, just to taunt me, the deer left their tracks, their scat and the skunk sat outside our house last night.

Is this pay back for hunting season?

2 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

not the tomatoes--they are my favorites. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog today. I've got lots more great contests to come.

Jennifer said...

I wish I could grow something that someone wanted to eat. :) Instead, I seem to kill everything.

Thanks for stopping by.