Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Path of Least Resistance

I'm in B-town for a week, spending time with my parents, my in-laws, my sister. As I drive around in Clifford the Big Red Car, I wonder how long it will take me to wear Golden, Colorado like I can still wear B-town. The level of ease that I feel slipping into places in this town is magic. In Golden, I still struggle to feel that level of comfort walking the 3 blocks to the park.

Being here always brings up issues of regression for me. Parts of the adult me seem to slip imperceptibly into the back ground without me realizing their missing. Are parts of me only around in Colorado, my own turf??? Such a strange thing to to watch your Self flow with your surroundings. Makes me VERY glad that God allows me to see Him in the same way whether here in B-town or in Golden.

Highly recommend the book listed below...it speaks to the intricacies of the brain and the physical world.

Crashing Through: A True Story of Risk, Adventure, and the Man Who Dared to SeeBy Robert Kurson

No comments: