Sunday, March 22, 2009

Maybe the Militias Are on to Something

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!! And I have been wretched! I spent the precious time I was given yesterday watching a depraved TV show...I'm not making a blanket statement about all TV shows mind you. Some are fine, but THIS one, was awful! Yet, it took me 2 hours to stop watching it. Shall I go on sinning so grace may increase??? May it never be!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I've never been all about the End Times or being really a doomsday type. But with all that's been going on, the end of America is something that has become a part of my thought process. What I find interesting in my discussion about this with other believers is their comment is usually, "Psh, America deserves it! Look what has happened to this great nation! It isn't a Christian nation anymore!"
While I agree with the sentiment, I'm concerned with the focus. If Christians are admitting that they've bought into the American dream as much as the next guy and SWANDERED what He's given us, then we missed something. I fully admit that in our marriage, our focus manhy times is on our own selfish gains. Here is this world of people starving physically and spiritually and He gave us the resources to help them. How much of my resources have I used for His glory? How much of your resources have you used for His glory??? How much of His resources have we dumped down the crapper for our own comfort?!

Thoughts?

No comments: