Saturday, June 30, 2007

And I Quote...

I got this out of a fiction work of decidly non-Christian nature. I read it through once and dismissed it...then I read it again:

"America has invested her religion as well as her morality in sound income-paying securities. She has adopted the unassailable position of a nation blessed because it deserves to blessed; and her sons, whatever other theologies they may affect or disregard, subscribe unreservedly to this national creed."

- Agnes Repplier, Times and Tendencies

What a great way of saying how I feel so much of the time about our state as American Christians. What happens to all those believers when the U.S. has something bring it down to a lower level on the world stage??? Nowhere in history has a country stayed on top forever! Eventually, my fellow Americans, there will be a country doing better than ours. I'm sure the Romans never saw the end of their Empire coming.

How can I as much as is up to me, separate God from my American mindset? Some days I do that better than others. Then I get caught up in the ability to eat out, or go to The Body Shop and buy lotion on sale. Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless! (I mean that in the nicest way possible)

Thoughts or opinions, dear readers?

No comments: