Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tis the season...

...for illness to begin. Kids have now been at school just long enough for the germs to explode into green snot and barf. Somehow my kids have dodged being sick so far and have settled into mere seasonal allergies.

Caedmon has been into praying lately. Here's a typical bedtime prayer: "God, thank you...Bubba, Lana, Roofie (ruth), mom, dad. Help peanut butter not be bad, help mom and dad not be bad. Help Jesus not be bad. My dreams sleep good....Amen!" I love it!

I woke up Friday morning praising God. I lay there filled with the beauty of the dreams He had given me. The dreams spoke of our church Body and where God could lead us if we gave over all of our Self to His plan. It was amazing to walk through the dream sensing each of our struggles and truimphs on the spiritual plain. He had us walking with our spiritual eyes on and it was beautiful. It was such a great gift.

He's been giving me a lot of spiritual gifts lately, which has made the physical hardships sting less. Praise God for His wisdom that surpasses mine!

3 comments:

.lauren. said...

hey dude, i didn't realize you still had this blog. yay! i can read all about it now :) i hope all is well for you!

Just Me said...

Hey Girl...Just joined the League of Pastor's wives myself - see my blog Super Mom! - anyways...saw you name on the 'roll' and wanted to pop in and say Hi!! Read all your posts I could - sounds like you have an interesting life - many situations I could definitely relate to: ie. bare cupboards, bad car..and bad words flying outta my mouth!! anyways..keep posting..there's probably more reading it than you know. AND we're all walking the same path! Hey..I loved your post too, where you shared how you felt God's presence wrap right around you - that was awesome! I have times like that with God too!

Anonymous said...

Love that! I love it when God wakes us up and we find ourselves in His loving embrace. It keeps us going when life seems to not make any sense! I pray for those moments in my life.