Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Of Beds and Muslim meals

We're here, in western China. We had a great 15 1/2 hour flight from Atlanta to Shangai...no first class, but it wasn't that full so we had an empty seat between us.

The Eastern China Air flight from Shangai to Yinchuan was interesting. At that point I was so tired that my olifactory senses were on Spidey sense and everything smelled disgusting. Totally reminded me of that first trimester. Riddle me this, why in the world do they serve a meal on there labled "Muslim"???

In Colorado there's a Matteress store called "Mattress Firm", I'd consider that false advertising. The mattress's here feel like they've taken a board and softened it slightly. Then they sell it as a mattress.

I have to remind myself (this has been a small theme for me this year) that we were never promised a good night sleep every night. It's not a need it's a want and since I'm really greedy with my sleep, this has been a good lesson for me to learn.

The fact that our friends here have the only Starbucks coffee in their house this side of China, that can make up for a whole host of comforts lost. Stay tuned for all the excitement and pushy natives that you can handle!

2 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I hope your back gets better and thank you for coming by. Your name is in the drawing for the apron giveaway.
Have a Blessed and Safe trip
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Definitely no bouncing on those beds!!! So glad you are there and doing well... a bit jealous, so have an extra cup of coffee for me! Much love! Trish