Sunday, February 11, 2007

What Can I Say?

So, the family vaca was amazing and needed more than we thought. God's gift to me came in the form of space and silence to revel in print a deeper understanding of His plan.
I have never read any book (outside the Bible) that so clearly lays out the relationship between the spiritual, physical and emotional aspects of life. God has clearly given this man great ability to piece together "reality" in such a way that it profoundly affects others. I felt like reading his book is like eating a complex, delicate and rich meal. You need to take each bite in and take your time finishing it. I can only handle a chapter (barely!) at a time...more would blow my spiritual top off!
I'm sure not everyone would get the same level of insight or spiritual sustenance from this book since God designs everyone differently, but I highly recommend this book.

"The Spirit of the Disciplines" by Dallas Willard

Thank You Father for bringing me to this book at such a time for it to work for Your ultimate plan. God, draw my thoughts ever closer to You. Keep me from stuffing myself full of trite books. Amen

No comments: