Saturday, March 11, 2006

Co-Closet Sleeping?!

I finally made the jump...I dismantled C's crib and stuck his mattress in the closet. Confused? We have a walk-in closet in the kid's bedroom that doubles as R's bedroom. She chose it when we moved I'm assuming because it felt safer than the large room. There's just enough room on the floor of the closet to put his mattress on the floor next to her toddler bed.
The first night C laid down without a peep...I heard him bump into the wall trying to get comfortable, but not crying. Then came 6am. He starts crying like he'd woken up from a bad dream, so I wait it out to see if R can get him back to sleep. Next thing I know R is yelling for me and says, "C's stuck under my bed!" Horrific images jump to my mind BECAUSE there's an egg crate taking up nearly all the space under her bed (monster repellent). My dear son had found the only bit of space left and wedge himself in there under the guise of extreme safety. I looked in the closet to see two pajamaed feet kicking ( a la Wicked Witch of the East) frantically.

On another thought track altogether I found an analogy that works for me regarding the question, "How do all the great and terrible events in life work in God's plan." I compare God's ability to know to the President of the U.S. By far, the toughest job out there. The Prez has to make all kinds of decisions based on factors that we can't be privy to. So we question is ability to make good choices and bash him and basically cut the man down no matter what political party he's a part of. God's privy to all the world's stage and know's each crazy war and sick child. But we still question and bash Him as well. Think about it.

Blessings,
Sara

No comments: