Monday, September 03, 2012

Now On To the Next Challenge

We didn't get the house we were hoping for in our neighborhood last week, but we did sign a rental contract over the weekend for a different place closer to a family we know.
This place is not a fixer-upper. We still have the task of getting curtains made (no pre-made curtains here), lights installed, all appliances and furnishings bought. This has to be done in the next 10 days while all 4 of us still go to school and do all the things daily that need to be done (food shopping, homework, bathing, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.) Needless to say, we're a little tired.
Those of you who know me know that I don't like shopping. If I could order everything I'd ever need to buy off the internet, I would. I'm envisioning some days of hot, grouchy bargaining in the downtown area for cheap furnishings. We'll see what the reality shows here in the coming days.
Off to prep dinner and study for class tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Me, too, I'm not a shopaholic. I hope hope everything goes well with you in your new home.