Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mentally Fried

That's me, the one in the workout clothes, sifting through our worldly goods. Putting value on some and realizing how much detrius we have.
Eight checked bags and four roller bags will contain the sum of what we deem worthy to keep. That and we'll be having some friends hold onto a couple of bins and beds we want to save.
I'm glad we have started getting rid of our things three weeks out from leaving because I'm finding it easiest to make a couple of sweeps through each room. There are things I'm not ready to part with, that by the last week will probably be passed on, but I'm not ready to part with it this week.
How much do we think we need??? That's what I've been asking myself. Obviously there is so much in this lower middle class house that are wants not needs if I can walk away from them so easily.
Congratulations if you made it to the end of this stream of fried consciousness post. Do you want some of our stuff??/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand what you are going through. I do feel a bit guilty that I'm not there to lend a hand. You were so helpful with this same thing last year. I remember sitting in my bedroom, with only bathroom junk on the floor, and finding it impossibly to look through everything. In the end, I still don't remember where some things went.

Now, after one year of living over seas, we have already accumulated more junk. The only difference is that the value isn't as great as it used to be. My stuff no longer makes me happy. That's a good thing. Hang in there! You will make it!

Alberta Einstein said...

What a great exercise. It's similar to packing for wildfire evac. Interesting to find what objects one has storge for and what has become "stuff".