Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Falling Short of the Glory of God

For the last three days I have been chewing over a message I heard on Romans 3: 23-26. It is mindboggling to me how many times I can read/hear a portion of word and miss the deep meaning behind the words.

That's how I feel about verse 23, "for all sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (NASB)
This is the very message that I am realizing that I need to convey in a deep way to my children and my friends.
Sin isn't just "doing something wrong against God"
At its core "doing something wrong against God" is not glorifying Him in my thoughts actions and attitudes!!

This view is why our American culture can hold God so lightly and consider themselves saved!!!

My words are very simplistic on the subject, but if you click the link below you can hear John Piper say it in such a way that it can weigh you and cause you to cry at your lack and His true grace.


The God of Worship

No comments: